Wednesday 18 December 2013

Last run of 2013!

My last run of 2013 went so well! Especially considering that I only started running outside in May - when i'd only ever run about 3 miles at school once a year between the ages of 8 and 13. I was a fat child and always came last in the annual cross country race. The PE teacher would run the last leg with me and the rest of my class would watch me finish. HORRENDOUS! Ever since, I never wanted to run. I would do about 5 minutes on the treadmill in the gym. But now, I love it! 

When I started in May, I was always behind my friend C. I had to stop and walk and felt totally out of breath and would get stitches. Last night I literally whizzed through 4 miles in under 40 minutes. I didn't stop once and kept pace with C's husband who is super fit. I'm sure all of this Insanity is doing something!! 

I was really surprised that I was fine in just a tshirt in the cold too - I definitely ran easier in the cold compared to a hot summer's day. Oh and minor error - I was crossing a road and almost got hit by a van but C's husband saved me :-O I think I need to invest in a reflective top!

So 2014 is definitely going to involve a 10k race - there's one near us which I didn't do this year, but C did, which i'm going to do. It's in August along a really pretty coastline so should be very nice!

The run was my night of Insanity recovery so tonight is cardio power and resistance and tomorrow is the plyometric cardio circuit to finish Insanity Week 3 (technically taken me 5 weeks with other workouts and time away but who's counting!?)...at least I have the next 10 days off to do a workout each morning. I can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment