Monday 18 November 2013

Rest Day :-)

Yesterday was Insanity Day 6: Plyometric Cardio Workout (same as Day 2). My husband came back from the stag do and I joked, are you going to do Insanity with me to burn off all those beers? He actually did it with me! And enjoyed it!

This workout was hard going - in fact, i'd say the toughest out of the week. I'm sure if I look through past blog entries I say that every day! This one in particular has an end part which is floor based of in-and-out planks and then side-to-side things. Ugh just horrendous! I was a trembling heap on the floor - but I outdid my husband, however that's because when I did press ups I could only get my arms halfway bent. Very impressed by his press ups. Proper army style. I also like when he takes off his tshirt and is covered in sweat, ahahahhaa! 

Before I did the workout I cleaned the ENTIRE house top-to-bottom. Took about 4 hours. That had to be a workout in itself! In fact, we've both just overslept by half an hour :-/ 

Foodwise:
Brekkie: 2 eggs scrambled, 170 cals
Lunch: Tesco prawn salad, 400 cals
Snack: YooMoo Frozen Yogurt with Pomegranate seeds, about 200 cals
Dinner: Kung Po Turkey with stir fry veg and brown rice, plus a couple of bread sticks, about 600 cals
Snack: 10 cal apple and watermelon yogurt with light evaporated milk, about 80 cals

Total, 1,450 cals

I can't seem to find the calories burned for the workout... say 400.
Then housework calories....say 300

Jeez, could've eaten more really! Haha! Well, this better show on the scales!

Anyway, today is REST. I'm actually going to have a day off but eat super healthily and finish any chores. After a bit of Googling, i've discovered that the rest day is important as it stops your body plateauing (i.e. not losing weight) and allows for muscle recovery, growth and repair. Plus your joints need a rest. The whole program is about muscle confusion so having a day off before starting up again actually aids results. I'm not an exercise expert but the makers claim to be, so i'll follow what they say ;-)

Hope anyone else reading this who has completed week 1 is also doing well :-) please comment below if you have any thoughts/comments about taking or not taking a rest day!

No comments:

Post a Comment