Thursday 14 November 2013

Hubby sweated!

Day 2 workout last night: I'm still in shock that my husband joined me on the workout last night - even though he has NEVER done a workout DVD in his life! 

It was the plyometric cardio circuit session. Absolutely killer. I'm hoping when I repeat the DVD in about 4 days it's easier than that. I'm still aching, but it feels good that it's obviously burning my muscles.

There is no way an unfit person could get through this. My husband was puffing on his inhaler every 5 mins and dripping with sweat and he's so fit. We first met in the gym even! He admitted that it was really difficult - I was amazed!

Thankfully we have lino floors and so the sweat was easy to clean up, ew! Now re-thinking the fact I have a low light in the sitting room, but it's only another 58 days so i'll just have to work around that ;-)

Then for dinner, we had a turkey mince bolognese with low fat Dolmio sauce on wholewheat spaghetti with broccoli and asparagus. I've packed a small portion for lunch today. Breakfast i'd had 2 scrambled eggs, then for lunch a salad, then a 100 cal yogurt. Then got home and had a slice of pie my husband's dad had made, grr! Pie now all gone so that won't be happening again!! I'd worked late and craved sugar, which is so unlike me because i'd usually rather have savoury to sweet. Any who.

So tonight is Cardio Power and Resistance. Apparently from this site I will burn over 600 calories, so this will be really tough (I expected that though!). What I do like is that usually i'm in the gym for over an hour and don't push myself enough, but this workout kills me. My body always reacts quickly to healthy eating and exercise, so i'm hoping to see some small results in the next 10 days.

Also, I can't afford Personal Training at £36 a session/hour. Even the group workouts are £18 per person. Group classes are free at the gym I use but are so repetitive. This was £30 for basically 12 personal training sessions I can repeat whenever I like! After the 60 days, I can still dip into them a couple of times a week. In fact, i've read that some people do 2 rounds.

I ordered a really tight dress off ebay by mistake (it was a medium but a Japanese medium is like an XS!), which is also made for midgets (i'm going to wear it as a top) - hopefully it will fit by New Year! Especially as I over-indulged last New Year at our house party and there's a terrible photo of me looking about 5 months pregnant (I'm not; it was a food baby).

No comments:

Post a Comment