Wednesday 22 January 2014

Recovery week and reminiscing

My husband joined me for a workout last night - it's still core cardio and balance AKA not recovery!!!

My calves already felt like hot pokers from running 6 miles the night before, but I carried on and now feel good today. 

I'm not 100% sure I can notice a difference in my body yet - I was looking at my skinny pics from when I went to Barbados a couple of years ago and my problem is i'm small boned and my fat collects around my middle so even half a stone of fat looks like more than it is, even though i'm tall. I didn't manage to keep off the excess 10lb of fat because I kept feeling faint, but I looked bloody good! Well, health is more important!

I'd rather eat carbs and be able to exercise though - a definite balancing act!!! In fact I also looked at photos from 6 years ago and I was about a stone heavier than now, so i'm one of those people who has to watch it. You wouldn't believe the difference in my face from then and now - I look so much better compared to my old puffy face!!! The cause: full fat mayo!!!! I used to layer it on everything, makes me feel sick now!! 

I definitely couldn't run even 2 miles back then.





No comments:

Post a Comment