Monday 20 January 2014

Core Cardio & Balance - Recovery Week

It took far longer than i'd hoped to shift my cold and so I eased back into exercise last week with 2 swims, an outside run - 4 miles, and a long gym sesh. The great thing is that I haven't put on any weight - still 9 stone 9 as of last check 2 days ago.

This week, i'm running and gyming plus supplementing this with the Insanity core cardio and balance workout.

I'll be honest, I thought this was going to be half an hour of stretches. It's 90% of a normal workout! Shaun T keeps saying don't overdo it throughout, but then gets you to do some flipping hard moves! Maybe it's because I haven't done it for 3 weeks.

I re-read the food booklet that came with the DVD's and I generally eat all of that anyway. This weekend we had a christening, so that slightly went out of the window. But I think if you don't have the odd treat then you suddenly binge, so everything in moderation. I don't usually have a sweet tooth but the pudding was amazing - a meringue and fererro rocher tower! Our neighbour, the baby's grandmother, made it and brought us more round afterwards which I couldn't resist. 

Lots of study done, big run tonight and healthy week ahead.

If you're about to go into recovery week let me know and if you're already there, tell me what you think of the workout - are you finding it easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment